Skip to main content

Voy a Morocco (Marruecos)

Voy a Marruecos en una semana. Estoy nerviosa, no sé por qué. He ido a Salvador, Brazil. ¿Qué lugar pueda ser más peligroso (además de las otras ciudades en eso país)? También, yo las sé las regulaciones de vestir en sitios religiosos; fui a India y Malaysia. Pienso que es que me hacería daño. No hay facilidades medicales suficientes en caso de una emergencia, sino en ciudades grandes como Rabat y Casablanca. Y esas también son caras. Sería problemas con seguro contra accidentes. Yo no sé.

Pero, al mismo tiempo, ¡estará en Maracas, en Casablanca, en Africa! Estoy excitada. Si queraís saber más sobre lo que hacerá, aquí es la página web: http://www.moroccoexchange.org.

I'm going to Morocco in one week. I'm nervous, but I don't know why. I've been to Salvador, Brazil. What place could be more dangerous (besides other cities in that country)? Also, I already know the rules of dressing in religious countries; I went to India and Malaysia. I think it's because I could get hurt. There aren't proper medical facilities in case of emergencies, except in big cities like Rabat and Casablanca. And those are expensive. There could be problems with insurance. I don't know.

But, at the same time, I'll be in Morocco, in Casablanca, in Africa! I am excited. If you want to know more about what I will be doing, here is the website for my program: http://www.moroccoexchange.org.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Voyage Day 1–Aug 29, 2008

We have officially started our voyage today. I stood in line to board the ship in the sweltering sun for around 45 minutes, finally getting on the boat that will be my home for the next three months at 11:30 am (eastern time). They took my passport and vaccination records, handed me an insurance card, ID card and sent me off to my room. My roommate was already in our cozy cabin, 4157. Her name is Kellie, and she is a senior in some school in New Hampshire, though she is from New Jersey like everyone else on the east coast. She commenced unpacking while I waited for my own luggage to be delivered. It's so weird to compare the amount of stuff I seem to need up in Boston to what I brought on this trip. I needed to pack appropriate clothing for 11 different countries, oh and the ocean. But I was limited to two bags of up to 70 lbs (mine were under 50lbs) plus one carry-on. While I was packing, it felt as if I would never have enough stuff. As soon as I checked my bags at the airpo...

Semana Santa - Las Fallas de Valencia

Stage 1.2 La Crema We woke up around noon on Friday. We immediately got into the car to drive into the city and see the last show of noise fireworks. They're set off at 2 pm every day for about two weeks before the Crema of the fallas . And they're supposed to have a certain rhythm to them. The plaza is always packed for the fireworks show, and especially for the last show, so we wanted to get there early. We worked our way through the crowd and squeezed into a small bar to get a breakfast of patatas bravas and calamari. Then headed back outside to see/hear the show . After the fireworks, everyone disappears from the streets and into the bars to drink until the crema begins. We walked a few blocks away from the middle of the city to try to find someplace where we could have a sufficient meal. Cote said he was going to buy us lunch because it was his saint's day. Saint's days are more important than birthdays here in Spain. I'm actually surprised he didn't h...

Ho Chi Minh City/Saigon

Day 68 I'm struggling to keep up with my feelings. This trip has really opened me up. I feel more like myself than I have in years. Actually, I feel like more than myself. My friends on the ship and my experiences in each country have inspired me to really live life more fully.  That may have seemed impossible to me three months ago, but now I've surpassed my previous connectedness to life. I sing more; I dance more; I laugh more. (Not in public places, though; I'm still just as proper and embarrassed.)  At the same time, I'm so torn between my elevated happiness and the heinous unfairness of the world. Or maybe realizing my privilege has made me not take it for granted. I expect that I will seem significantly different to everyone when I get home. I'll probably be annoyingly optimistic and remind everyone of how lucky we all are. But it's true, and we should be reminded of it frequently. Okay, so what brought this all up (well, it's been ...